Friday, November 22, 2013

C4T Summary

Jerid W. Kruse is a professor at Drake University.  Mr. Kruse provides great questions within his blog for future educators to ask themselves.  My first comment was in regards to his post titled, “Teacher Education Starts in Kindergarten”.  Here was my comment:

Mr. Kruse, my name is Brantley Spillman.  I am currently enrolled at the University of South Alabama and majoring in Education.  I have enjoyed reading your blog.  I am also a latecomer to education and am seeking tangible advice on how to be an effective teacher. Your questions posed in the post are provoking and require some thought. Anytime a teacher is stepping back to reflect on how they are communicating with their students is beneficial. I think your inspirational words are a good foundation to establish my personal strategy to teaching. I look forward to future post.

His second post was titled “Critical Curiosity”.  I enjoyed this read because I have doubted technology’s actual purpose in the classroom many times this semester.  He asked the question, “Can technology actually reduce the intellectual level of the classroom?”  I wanted to attack this question, however, I do not feel have enough experience to honestly answer such a question.  Below, is my comment that I left for Mr. Kruse on this particular post:

Throughout this semester I have been introduced to technology that is completely new to me.  These technologies have also, at times, led me to doubt different aspects of what it really has to offer.  However, as you have stated, technology is critical in the sense that it is here and it will only continue to evolve within all classrooms.  Thus, it is up to us, as educators, to find a happy medium that we can implement and feel comfortable with so that we can use that technology without using it as a crutch. 

This final C4T for this semester was interesting and enjoyable to read.  I like how he asked questions rather than stating personal opinions.  This approach, on many levels, allows individuals to think for themselves and not blindly agree or disagree.  I have enjoyed all C4T assignments assigned in EDM 310.  I look forward to following these educators throughout my educational journey.


  http://info.gosiger.com/Portals/139128/images/CriticalThinking.png


No comments:

Post a Comment