Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4K Summary for October

http://borchardtlibrary.edublogs.org/files/2013/01/out-of-my-mind-2ey8nrb.jpg  http://static.disaboom.com/content/images/articles/content/171525.jpg
Aisha was my first assigned student blog for the month of October. She was an elementary student in British Colombia, Canada.  Her teacher, Ms. Eppele, had her students comment on the book by Sharon M. Draper, Out of My Mind. Aisha was very interested in some dog’s abilities to take care of people with disabilities.  I found it interesting to see how popular Out of My Mind is in schools all over the world.


http://northstar3456.edublogs.org/files/2013/10/0-1urh4rq.jpgMeghan was my second assigned student. Meghan was a fourth grader in Mrs. Shroeder’s class. Meghan’s post described her week day by day.  Meghan also discussed her reading of the book Out of My Mind. She was very excited that she had figured out why there was a fish on the cover of the book. However, she didn’t provide the answer. In my comment, I asked the reason. I wished her luck on the rest of her school year and applauded her good week in class. This was the third blog I have read about students evaluating this particular book about a young disabled girl and should probably read it myself.


http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/7/12/1373623960183/Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf-008.jpgThirdly, I was assigned a student named Mohammed.  Mohammed is a sixth grade student at the Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand.  This was my second assigned student that attended this particular school.  Mohammed’s teacher, Mr. Somerville, had his students create a google slide presentation on The Boy Who Cried Wolf.  His slide show was very impressive.  Mohammed focused on to the moral lessons this story illustrates: honesty and integrity.


http://www.panik-design.com/acatalog/x-bend-the-rules.jpgMy final post for the month of October was a young high school student who attends an all girl boarding school in southern Virginia.  However, I believe these students are given the opportunity to take specific classes online through separate entities.  My student, Maimazan, chose a Government/Civics course provided by Oregon Online School For Girls.  Her willingness to ‘bend the rules’ in her educational journey really stood out.  I could grasp her mentality that showed through her writing. She was fully embracing the ideas of online schooling and its many benefits for unique learning opportunities. 









No comments:

Post a Comment