Thursday, August 22, 2013

Practice Blog B.Spillman

 
-->
Learning Patience.

My name is Brantley Spillman. I am 33 years old and was raised in a small town in central Georgia named Griffin. I, currently, reside in Fairhope, Alabama where I live with my wife and two young children (3 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son). I spent several years in finance after graduating from University of Alabama at Birmingham where I attended school on a full soccer scholarship. After marrying my wife, we relocated to south Alabama as she received a job promotion in Mobile, Al. During this time, I began coaching my son in soccer. I realized I really enjoyed teaching young children. Thus, I have chosen to change careers and enter Early Education as a full time student here at University of South Alabama. My hope is to start the Early Childhood Education candidacy program at the Baldwin County location to better network the teaching community.
Since becoming a full time student, I have taken on a 13 year old boys and 14 year old girls club soccer team. Coaching these teams has reignited my love of soccer and I hope to continue coaching once I graduate. I believe I will succeed at both teaching and coaching young children. However, I do look forward to becoming more professional in my communication skills and learning more about the current technology that aides in that communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment